Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Memory!
I haven't lost it all! I can still ride a bike. I got a bike in Korea. I intended to ride it, but never did. So we brought it here, where I intended to start riding, but it had been so long since I had been on one that I was kind of nervous, so I hung it in the garage, where it has been until tonight. Our kids wanted to take bikes and scooters on a "noon walk" after school today. We decided we had to finally take Jon's training wheels off. (If you know Jon, he is not a risk taker, so we've always caved and put them back on before, but he's seven now -- I think it's time...) After helping him around our neighborhood (Thankfully he lived to tell about it...), I just really felt a need to release some tension. Derek got my bike down, pumped up the tires, and I rode. It was fun. And I didn't even fall off. And I went twice around the block (that's a loose term, in this case) -- almost. I am thankful that OK is mostly flat. I was able to share my fun (I should probably say he was willing to share my fun -- I could not go on) and let Derek take the last stretch (uphill) of the second lap. My legs were jell-o, but it was still fun! I think I'll do it again (soon -- maybe Friday afternoon). Maybe someday I can be thankful that I am not such a wimp anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment